Pages

Páginas

Con tecnología de Blogger.

sábado, 16 de agosto de 2014

One of my trips to China

During the two-plus years I have lived in China, I have accumulated over 300 hours by train, most of which spent in sleeper cars, because of the long journey times. 



The longest trip I've done was he who took me from Wuhan to Kunming in June 2012, which had no less than 32 hours. However, the truth is that I keep a relatively friendly memory of that trip, which my girlfriend and I met very interesting people you could practice Chinese for a while. 

Curiously, the worst trip I've had so far was only 7 hours, and I know this is a chance to make these easy to the theory of relativity Einstein references, but instead I I will just use the illustrious words "made ​​me longer than the football field Oliver and Benji." 
Today, the stretch that separates Wuhan Yichang (Hubei) can be done in just over two hours riding on high-speed rail, but this Chinese New Year of 2012 we only had the option of traveling in a Category K, one of the lowest, and completely unmatched in performance and comfort at high speed lines. 

I remember someone had warned me that after Chinese New Year, which starts the holiday season for most workers, cleaning and maintenance of the trains menial suffered considerable "down". However, at that time (innocent me) did not give too much importance to the matter, and even took me pretty much at the advice of my girlfriend, who was waiting in Yichang, about whether to lie down to sleep early. 

Instead, I spent the night imagining the expected meeting with her, which had been separated a couple of weeks, and barely slept more than 4 hours on the mattress, stiff as a board, having on that disastrous single room he rented at Wuhan University. 


At least, I had responsibility for printing the tickets that my partner booked a week ago, so the ration of madness in taxi queues of travelers and police checkpoints to reach the waiting room was far less unnerving than I could have assumed otherwise (an impossible during the holidays the "Spring Festival" feat). 
Apart from the inevitable jostling during boarding, everything went as planned, and nothing happened to what was already used for other trips, like that first led me from Beijing to Wuhan. But as I got into the car and went to the seat that was going to take, I realized what it was all very enmarranado around me, and as I began to regret not having enough rest at night. 

True, when one travels in a train of the Mao era, and it does so in the form of "hard seat" does not expect just to be surrounded by glamor, but I promise that this car appeared to have been prepared on purpose to shoot a what horror movie Robert Rodriguez.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

 

Blogger news

Next trip

- Netherlands
- Germany
- Greece
- Russia

Me

Bienvenidos al ejemplo de CCTW

About

We are a group of tourists decided to visit all the beaches of Mexico and other countries in order to give to the world the importance of the various cultures that exist and are home in our area, not specifically in one country but in every continent.